Schematic and Wheel Bearing for a 1981 Avanti

Greeness

The previous owner (now deceased) of my Avanti disconnected many of the switches (e.g. vent fans) and added considerable wiring connected to a module whose function is a mystery.  I would like to remove all extraneous wiring and reconnect all original equipment.  Where can I find a schematic for the 1981 Avanti?  

On another subject, my mechanic has informed me that the front wheel bearings need to be replaced.  I located some on the carpartsdiscount.com website.  They list both an inner and outer front wheel (#1122948 and #1122952) bearing for the 1981 Avanti.  Do I need to purchase both?  What manual best details the chassis of a 1981 Avanti?

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

The only books available are for the original Avanti, but most of that applies to your '81 as well. There was an electrical addendum, of sorts, offered by a private seller some years back, dunno if that is still available; It covered some circuits that were added in the later Avanti II years (hand-drawn diagram sketches).

The books below are indispensable, and they can be found on eBay as well as from some of the Avanti parts suppliers:

Avanti Workshop Manual (white cover)

Studebaker Avanti Chassis and Body Parts Catalog (black cover)

Here is an excerpt from the parts catalog:

IMG.tif

Edited by WayneC

The wheel bearing are known by the industry name of "set 2" and "set 6".  They should be easily available at suppliers like NAPA, Pep Boys, etc.  They have them in the application guides under "Studebaker". They should also list new seals as well.

Jim, that is the Avanti II electrical info I referred to in my post. Thanks for that find... I bought the booklet some years back, but lost track of it.