1990 4 door windshield

craigjung

Thanks but I'm not sure who he is. I just purchased the 1990 Avanti that was on Ebay. I am really looking forward to getting it here in St George Utah. I have always wanted one and finally got one at the age of 66.

26 minutes ago, silverstude said:

Wouldn't John Hull be of some help on this topic?

I don't speak for him, but I do not believe that he had any connection with the build of the 1990-1991 models,  just the 2001-2007 models.  Of course he may have this information as he has a lot of Avanti information in general and did own a 1990 as his personal car.  

2 hours ago, silverstude said:

You purchased the Black 4 door from Youngstown?

2 hours ago, silverstude said:

What do you think of the car? Any opinions?

• 3 months later...
On 11/19/2018 at 8:59 AM, craigjung said:

Hello everyone. I am looking for a windshield for a 1990 4 door. Are they available? Thanks

Is it safe to assume that so far no luck in finding a windshield? 

If all else fails and talking to Dan Booth at Nostalgic Motors doesn't get results, I'd be inclined to measure the height and width of the windshield and then cover it with heavy paper and trace the outline. Then I'd head for the closes Pick and Pull and start looking at late 80's to early 90's cars. See what looks close and see if you can find a fit. I'd limit the search to windshields as the rest are tempered glass.

It would be hard to believe Avanti Motors didn't use a standard windshield from a modern vehicle.

Subsequent to this, I searched around and got a reply from one of our Vendors ( Bob Ziff), who owns one ( 90 4-door)....   He says they are the same glass as used in the Avanti II's.  So, I just finished looking at a lot of pictures I have of the 90's  and have to say there is a very good possibility they use the same glass.  There is the same raised hood feature on the 90 as is on all the previous Avanti models and that translates into the cowl right under the windshield.  

Is there anyone close to you who owns another model Avanti that you could compare?

Yes, there are 4 in this town, or there was 4 but one left and moved to Texas. I will attempt to make contact with the newest one and go measure his windshield. Will let ya know what I find.

Hello everyone. I've been on vacation and will be until the 19th. Thank's for the info. I'll look into it in more detail when I get back.   Craig