Need right rear quarter window seal

Dan

I am looking to buy a decent rubber seal for the right rear quarter window of 63 Avanti. Will consider purchasing entire quarter window assembly if seal is hard to remove. Also any leads as to where I might find one. Thanks

Best of luck.  They've been NLA for ten years or more.  Maybe someone has some squirreled away and will pull them out to sell...or their survivors will at some point.  If Avanti owners are lucky, maybe some vendor is trying to get some repops made by some company somewhere.

Dan Booth - Nostalgic Motors - either has or had the molds, I believe had. When I spoke to him about reproducing more he said the cost to him couldn't be recovered in a reasonable time so he wasn't going to produce the molds and make a quantity. I believe he's about 75 YO.

He said what he does because the old ones weren't usually used enough to wear out so any cracking and edge roughness could be worked out or cut off and the seals reused.  That's what I did on my 74 last year when I reinstalled them. They were still pretty flexible.

There were a few active posts on the SDC Forum IIRC that were looking into reproducing them also. They have dried up over the last year or so, however.

• 1 month later...

My information is that Russ Ware, (Studebaker Parts) bought all of Valerie Hanson Rubber stock and is getting the mold made for these parts.

I talked to him at 602-995-5311.

These are supposed to be available this year sometime

21 hours ago, R2W55 said:

My information is that Russ Ware, (Studebaker Parts) bought all of Valerie Hanson Rubber stock and is getting the mold made for these parts.

I talked to him at 602-995-5311.

These are supposed to be available this year sometime

Great news - Would you post when they become available so as folks search for them they'll find this post. Thx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New rear quarter window seals are being made exactly like the originals and better than the former window seals that have not been available for several years.  They should be for sale soon.  message me with your contact information and I'll let you know when available.  The first two samples are on a 1963 gray Avanti that is just about finished with a frame off restoration and will be at the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance next month.   The quarter window seals fit perfectly.

Lew