R2 Equipped!

mfg

1 hour ago, mfg said:

Base price of an R2 equipped 1963 Studebaker Avanti was.....?......

1) $ 4585......2) $4655.......3) $ 4685.....or.....4) $4710

I will say 4) $4710, because I thought that the MSRP was even higher than that (or are you not talking about MSRP when you say "base price"?).  

12 hours ago, studegary said:

I will say 4) $4710, because I thought that the MSRP was even higher than that (or are you not talking about MSRP when you say "base price"?).  

Sorry, #4 is not correct!:(

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, mfg said:

Base price of an R2 equipped 1963 Studebaker Avanti was.....?...…

1) $ 4585......2) $4655.......3) $ 4685.....or.....4) $4710.

An R2 engine was a $210.00 option which would be a base price of $4655.00. ($4445 + $210)

An R2 required a 4 speed or automatic which raised the base price to $4843.30 with a 4 speed transmission. ($4655 + $188.30)

3 hours ago, Regnalbob said:

An R2 engine was a $210.00 option which would be a base price of $4655.00. ($4445 + $210)

An R2 required a 4 speed or automatic which raised the base price to $4843.30 with a 4 speed transmission. ($4655 + $188.30)

You're incorrect once again Regnalbob......and you're also adding language!:o

Base price of 1963 Studebaker Avanti...$4445.00....Add R2 engine option...(add) $210.00....= $4655.00....This is all that the question asked.

Correct answer......#2!:)

14 hours ago, mfg said:

You're incorrect once again Regnalbob......and you're also adding language!:o

Base price of 1963 Studebaker Avanti...$4445.00....Add R2 engine option...(add) $210.00....= $4655.00....This is all that the question asked.

Correct answer......#2!:)

Not Regnalbob, but the point is that you could not order an Avanti as you described nor at the price that you give.  Since a transmission choice was REQUIRED, that adder would become part of the "base price of an R2", as you initially asked.    

When I bought  my R1 Avanti from factory it was about $5200 with 4 speed manual trans, power steering, air conditioning, posi traction rear end,

4 hours ago, studegary said:

Not Regnalbob, but the point is that you could not order an Avanti as you described nor at the price that you give.  Since a transmission choice was REQUIRED, that adder would become part of the "base price of an R2", as you initially asked.    

Thanks again for restating the obvious Gary!!:wacko:.......By the way, what's an "adder"?

Edited by mfg

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, mfg said:

Base price of an R2 equipped 1963 Studebaker Avanti was.....?......

1) $ 4585......2) $4655.......3) $ 4685.....or.....4) $4710

As I stated before it is none of the above. I got my prices and information  from the Avanti  Order Guide and the price is $4843.30.

I also explained how I got that price using the Studebaker guidelines for ordering.

Since you don't believe the answer I have attached the following from the Studebaker Museum.

Also the adder is the cost of the REQUIRED 4-speed trans.

Avanti.thumb.jpeg.7267e846aa810ef6988b78e2ae7d594a.jpeg

3 hours ago, mfg said:

Thanks again for restating the obvious Gary!!:wacko:.......By the way, what's an "adder"?

An adder is a small snake, but I am using the other meaning of something added to.

Thanks to Regnalbob for providing documentation to back up my initial response that the price is higher than your option 4. 

49 minutes ago, studegary said:

Oh boy ....tough room!!:o.....studegary and Regnalbob are missing the intent of this trivia question, however, it's nice to see they're paying attention!:)

Edited by mfg

8 hours ago, Avanti kid said:

When I bought  my R1 Avanti from factory it was about $5200 with 4 speed manual trans, power steering, air conditioning, posi traction rear end,

That sounds like one nicely equipped Studebaker Avanti!:).......By the way, the four speed transmission added $188.30 to your Avanti's base price!

31 minutes ago, mfg said:

Oh boy ....tough room!!:o.....studegary and Regnalbob are missing the intent of this trivia question, however, it's nice to see they're paying attention!:)

There is no way that we can read intent into it.  All we can go by is a literal meaning of what is written.  

2 minutes ago, studegary said:

There is no way that we can read intent into it.  All we can go by is a literal meaning of what is written.  

Whatever you say Gary!:wacko:....and 'Keep Swinging'!!:)

1 hour ago, studegary said:

An adder is a small snake, but I am using the other meaning of something added to.

Gary,  what dictionary are you using?....I cannot find your "other meaning" of the word adder in mine:huh:

12 hours ago, mfg said:

Gary,  what dictionary are you using?....I cannot find your "other meaning" of the word adder in mine:huh:

I consider it to be common usage.  For you, I looked it up online on dictionary.com.  A meaning other than the snake for adder is; "a person or thing that adds" (this is a direct quote; I couldn't get it to copy and paste).  

6 hours ago, studegary said:

I consider it to be common usage.  For you, I looked it up online on dictionary.com.  A meaning other than the snake for adder is; "a person or thing that adds" (this is a direct quote; I couldn't get it to copy and paste).  

Your definition "a person or thing that adds" no doubt  means a BOOKEEPER..... or an ADDING MACHINE Gary!:o

To use proper English in your post (#2)  replace the word "adder" with added!  (Glad to help!):)