Radiated Avanti!

mfg

3 minutes ago, 64studeavanti said:

The auto needs the cooling tank, the manual does not. My 63s with auto have the cooling lines. My 64 4spd does not. All appear to be original. 

The trans cooling tank is present in a stickshift Stude Avanti's radiator......The inlet/outlet ports are plugged at the factory!.....Same radiator.:)

1 minute ago, 64studeavanti said:

My 64 does not have the ports plugged or otherwise. Are you 100% certain about this? Anyone else have a 4spd Avanti?

Hmm!...that's interesting....the few stick jobs I've seen have plugged ports...however, if you car is definitely all original, you must be correct...there was two radiators??:huh:

There ARE two different part numbers listed in the parts manual...so i want to change the answer to this question to FALSE.....64studeavanti was CORRECT!:)

What threw me was I recently installed a NOS Stude Avanti radiator into my '63 Avanti (auto trans), and this radiator had plugs which i needed to remove......This radiator came directly out of the original 'Studebaker Corp' cardboard box!:o

46 minutes ago, mfg said:

There ARE two different part numbers listed in the parts manual...so i want to change the answer to this question to FALSE.....64studeavanti was CORRECT!:)

What threw me was I recently installed a NOS Stude Avanti radiator into my '63 Avanti (auto trans), and this radiator had plugs which i needed to remove......This radiator came directly out of the original 'Studebaker Corp' cardboard box!:o

This may be a case of Studebaker using one part for repair/replacement where two different ones existed for original build.

1 minute ago, studegary said:

This may be a case of Studebaker using one part for repair/replacement where two different ones existed for original build.

Agreed.....well said!:)