Packard Avanti!

mfg

4 hours ago, Avanti83 said:

Pure guess but I'll say on the wiring, possibly plug wires. So false

FALSE...is CORRECT, however, not for the wiring!:(

Anyone else have any thoughts here?

5 minutes ago, studegary said:

Depending on when the 1963 Avanti was built, Packard could be on the Serial Number plate as Studebaker-Packard ended in 1962.

Nope, not on the serial plate!:(

Although Regnalbob is technically correct here (my own Avanti has the same tag as pictured) the intent of this question was a 'hard' part, permanently affixed to the car itself..... so this trivia question is still 'OPEN'!

Once again, Regnalbob is correct here!:)

Any other thoughts on this question?

2 minutes ago, Regnalbob said:

Original fuel filters also had the Studebaker- Packard Logo.

Once again, although the original gas filters had S-P, they were to eventually be changed out.....not really a 'permanent' part of the automobile!

I must give you guys a lot of credit for your Studebaker Avanti knowledge!!!:):)

Anyone else want to give this trivia question a run for its money?:huh:

10 hours ago, Regnalbob said:

The serial number plate on the Power-Shift Transmission.

WOW!!....I had a hunch no one would think of that.....however....YOU DID!!!:o

Regnalbob has the CORRECT ANSWER here!:)

4 hours ago, mfg said:

WOW!!....I had a hunch no one would think of that.....however....YOU DID!!!:o

Regnalbob has the CORRECT ANSWER here!:)

I guess that by "CORRECT" you mean the answer that you were looking for or are you saying that it did not say Studebaker-Packard on the early (like Summer 1962)  Avanti Serial Number plates? 

3 hours ago, studegary said:

I guess that by "CORRECT" you mean the answer that you were looking for or are you saying that it did not say Studebaker-Packard on the early (like Summer 1962)  Avanti Serial Number plates? 

No Gary, (and I realize this stuff sometimes gets confusing), what Regnalbob is referring to is the serial number plate riveted to the side of a Studebaker Avanti's 'Powershift' automatic transmission........STUDEBAKER-PACKARD is displayed on it!:)

3 hours ago, mfg said:

No Gary, (and I realize this stuff sometimes gets confusing), what Regnalbob is referring to is the serial number plate riveted to the side of a Studebaker Avanti's 'Powershift' automatic transmission........STUDEBAKER-PACKARD is displayed on it!:)

I wasn't confused.  Reread my post.  In addition to the transmission plate, are you saying that "Studebaker-Packard" did not occur on the cars' Serial Number plates in early production (Summer 1962)?  

2 hours ago, studegary said:

I wasn't confused.  Reread my post.  In addition to the transmission plate, are you saying that "Studebaker-Packard" did not occur on the cars' Serial Number plates in early production (Summer 1962)?  

S-P name on early production Studebaker Avanti serial number plates??...not to my knowledge!.....(You may want to re-read my second reply above!:o)

14 hours ago, mfg said:

S-P name on early production Studebaker Avanti serial number plates??...not to my knowledge!.....(You may want to re-read my second reply above!:o)

Perhaps someone with an early production Avanti could check their Serial Number plate.