Car Cover

wapanzica

Looking for a car cover for the 2007 convertible.  Who makes the best fit?  The car is being stored in my garage where I am working on another car and want a form-fitting one for the car and will be putting a larger on over to further protect.

Thanks

Bill

I'm not aware of one made for the Avanti body as so few were built.  About the best you can do is find one made for a Mustang of the same year and it should fit but won't allow the Avanti body contours.

In general, I agree with "Gunslinger".  As you probably know, there were only about 35 Avantis built for 2006-2007 (both convertible and coupe).  A form fitting cover for a 2007 Mustang convertible may or may not fit.  There is quite a difference in the shape of the front of the car.  It would be best if you could try one on your car.  Short of a custom made cover, I would just suggest a generic cover of adequate size.  

I think you need a cover not custom made for a Mustang but one for the size class of the Mustang...maybe I wasn't clear on that in previous answer...I didn't intend to mean a custom Mustang cover.  That's really a non-starter on the face of it.  If you look at the application on a box a car cover comes in, it should have dimensions so measure the length and width of your Avanti and go by that.

When I wanted a car cover for my 2002 Avanti I bought one to fit the same size vehicle as the Pontiac TransAm which the car is based on.  It's not custom fit as far as being a tight outer skin for my Avanti it does fit.  Since my car is also a convertible I also have a "cockpit cover" for it should I have it in the garage with the top down...a TransAm cover fits perfectly for that.

• 5 months later...

California Car Cover Co custom made one for my 2006 coupe. They supply you with an information form to fill out,  where you supply the necessary dimensions. The fit is pretty good. They may have retained the dimensions but yours being a convertible wil require you to use the form. If you choose to have mirror pockets you must sew those in place yourself. I chose to not have pockets and the cover just drapes over the mirrors. They have a number of different fabrics and colors to select. I like their "Dustop", however this is for inside use only. I recall the price was in the $300.00 dollar range.