1963 R2 FS

Ron Dame

I'm at a crossroads, I bought a non-running and ugly R2 PowerShift (R1092) last year. It's running good and driving now after lots of work, including ALL NEW brakes, Turner front conversion . Frame and hog troughs are solid, have been cleaned out and coated inside. I still have minor mechanical issues to sort (rubber bushings which I have), and I have some spare parts. White and orange interior. Everything works (now) but the clock and radio. Glass is good, fiberglass has only minor issues.

Long term, I won't keep it. It's a very hot car, despite having carbon fiber insulation added. So either I finish and sell it, or you do the cosmetics (paint, chrome, interior, etc) and enjoy it.

Haggartey's says $15,800 for a #4, that's not realistic.I have $12,500 in it, and of course would love to make a little money.  A reasonable (break even) offer will sell it, otherwise, I'll finish it and sell it.

I'll supply the complete list of work and expenditures if you are interested.

That's an early one.....collectors seem to somewhat favor those very early Stude Avantis....(also, the very late ones!!:o)

Is the supercharger healthy?...Power windows or manual?.....Power steering?

Supercharger is good, manual windows but power steering. Oil pressure is adequate, but below what I'd like to see, 10# per 1000 RPM. Smokey Yunick said that was fine. The rest of the engine is healthy, good compression, no noises or smoke. Everything works as it should except the radio and clock. Lots of documentation, and 59,000 miles on the clock, supported by the docs I have.

Archived