Svc Bulletin Search

silverstude

4 hours ago, silverstude said:

Anyone have access to G-1964 - 3 regarding the sales of 1963 Avantis as 64 model year cars.  If so, could you scan it and email me?

thx

I do not understand why this is in the TRIVIA (questions) section and not the 1963-1964 section of the Forum.  Perhaps the Administrator can relocate it.

If it helps, Service Letter G-1964-3 (not G-1964-3B, a different letter) is dated 9/27/63 and is three pages.  I do not have a way to send it to you.

Edited by studegary

I remember that Stude bulletin........ it pretty much stated that after a certain date (?) new, unsold 1963 Avantis that weren't used as dealership demonstrators (near zero miles on the odometer) can be  re-titled and sold as new 1964 models.

Personally, I always felt that idea was a bit 'unusual'!:o

2 hours ago, mfg said:

I remember that Stude bulletin........ it pretty much stated that after a certain date (?) new, unsold 1963 Avantis that weren't used as dealership demonstrators (near zero miles on the odometer) can be  re-titled and sold as new 1964 models.

Personally, I always felt that idea was a bit 'unusual'!:o

The date was 9/1/63.  The mileage was not specified.  It states; "...all new and unused Avanti models when sold at retail...registration year...of 1964."