1976 Avanti For Sale

Penn Avanti

1976 Avanti RQB 2466, 118K miles. Asking $14,800

Nine years spent in restoration of this 1976 Avanti. The work started with complete removal of exterior paint by hand scraping down to the fiberglass and primer. Exterior fittings and trim were taken off. Subfloor boxes (hog troughs) were replaced with galvanized ones from Olympus Avanti and they are of superior quality and fit. Much better than originals. Frame was cleaned, and small plate welded at right rear where crossmember connects. Car completely refinished in original color (Bamboo Cream) by Oscars Body Shop in Falls Church, VA. Transmission rebuilt by TransTech in Fredericksburg, VA. Rebuilt 302 GM engine (serial # V0813ZDH) installed with new motor mounts and transmission mount. Brakes overhauled, and some lines replaced. Fuel tank removed and cleaned then reinstalled with new fuel sender, metal fuel lines, new fuel pump and emission canister. Fuel filler hose extension replaced with new one. All shock absorbers replaced with Gabriel gas shocks. Wheel rims repainted and five new 205X15 radial tires installed. Aluminum radiator cooling hoses and electric radiator cooling fan installed. Original AFB carburetor rebuilt and installed with new filter. New wiper blades installed. Lokar accelerator system, new pedal, and transmission kickdown installed. All interior leather upholstery intact and carpeting replaced with good color match to original. Power windows overhauled and lubricated. Many other small adjustments and fitments done. New steering arms installed to improve steering response. New dual exhaust installed with stainless pipes. I was unable to reconnect AC hoses since no AC is shop here to do it, but new hoses obtained. Also, the front bumper bar removed and grille under nose but those parts, plus other parts will be included with the car. Currently the car is drivable, engine and exhaust sound great. Car looks very nice and attracts attention. I have done all the heavy lifting and brought this Avanti back on the road. You can enjoy, take to the shows and bring it up to the next level if you want to do that. I am 84 years old now and have had a long career as the Washington D.C. Avanti dealer and have greatly enjoyed working with these unique cars. Now it is time to put down the gloves and rest a bit. Feel free to call me to talk. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Roger Penn 703-278-9299  rogrpenn@netscape.net

DSC03525.JPG

DSC03540.JPG

DSC03539.JPG

DSC03527.JPG

DSC03524.JPG

DSC03526.JPG

DSC03536.JPG

82  Avanti engine.jpg

DSC03535.JPG

DSC03529.JPG

DSC03531.JPG