RIP Mark Keilen

mfg

I am shocked and saddened to have just today learned of the passing of Mark Keilen, long time SDC Ocean Bay Chapter member.

Mark, and his son Jeff, ran their own classic car restoration business in North Attleboro, Mass.....a business that Mark started over forty years ago.

It's hard to describe the exquisite restorations that came out of that shop.....everything from woodie wagons to show winning Avantis.

Mark also usually was the head judge if a local SDC/Avanti meet held a concours......Mark 'new his stuff'!!

I myself worked for Mark for about six months back in the 'eighties'...I decided to leave him after that, as I frankly realized that my work really did not meet his standards.....We parted, of course, the best of friends.

'Rest in peace' Mark Keilen, the New England Studebaker/Avanti folks will deeply miss you!.....Ed Capozzi (mfg)

I am so saddened to hear this.  I knew Mark for decades.  He did 400 point restorations on Studebakers, including a couple that I was involved in for Frank Goss (also deceased).