Chassis Brands

studegary

How many different chassis brands, not models or manufacturing corporations, were Avantis built on?

Edited by studegary
attempt to clarify

1 hour ago, mfg said:

Six. (Seven if you're including  the one-of-one Avanti Motors #28 race chassis.)

Not the answer as per my definition of the question (and only referring to production Avantis).

1 hour ago, studegary said:

Not the answer as per my definition of the question (and only referring to production Avantis).

Gary, I specified how many chassis brand were used. (as per your original question)......Are you now seeking the NAMES of the different chassis? :huh:

1 hour ago, Avanti83 said:

I'll say four, Chevy, Studebaker, Pontiac, Ford

The answer to studegary's original question would be seven.....The answer to the question after he modified it would be five.

(modifying an original question after it has been answered is a no-no by the way!:o)

20 hours ago, Avanti83 said:

I'll say four, Chevy, Studebaker, Pontiac, Ford

I consider this to be the correct answer to my question.  Congratulations!

19 hours ago, mfg said:

The answer to studegary's original question would be seven.....The answer to the question after he modified it would be five.

(modifying an original question after it has been answered is a no-no by the way!:o)

What are the five or seven brands that you claim? 

I take offense to the second part of your answer!  Check the days and times.  I DID NOT modify the initial question after it had been answered.  I clarified my post nearly one day before your first response.  However, I did add in a later post that I was only referring to production Avantis.  I thought that should have been a given.  Your initial attempt at the answer did give both cases so my later post had no bearing on your being incorrect in your answer.    

1 hour ago, studegary said:

I take offense to the second part of your answer!  Check the days and times.  I DID NOT modify the initial question after it had been answered.  I clarified my post nearly one day before your first response.  However, I did add in a later post that I was only referring to production Avantis.  I thought that should have been a given.  Your initial attempt at the answer did give both cases so my later post had no bearing on your being incorrect in your answer.    

Gary, once again, you're modifying the original question by adding "PRODUCTION ONLY" should not have been done after answers started coming in.

In the future, I believe you should offer up a second (related) question before making alterations to the original one!

4 hours ago, studegary said:

The correct answer to studegary's question (before he modified it), is as follows................

1) Studebaker chassis

2)General Motors Monte Carlo chassis

3) General Motors Caprice chassis

4) General Motors Firebird chassis

5) Ford Motor Company Mustang chassis

6) Herb Adams Company chassis (Avanti GT)

7) Dillon Enterprises chassis (#28 Daytona Avanti race car)

Avanti bodies have been factory mounted on SEVEN different chassis.....not to mention other chassis installations that no doubt have been done over the years by private individuals!

REMEMBER....Monte Carlo, Caprice, and Firebird are BRAND NAMES of General Motors Company! :)

This may be splitting hairs, but it seems to me Monte Carlo, Caprice and Firebirds are model names...Chevrolet and Pontiac are brand names as well as different Divisions of GM.  

2 minutes ago, Gunslinger said:

This may be splitting hairs, but it seems to me Monte Carlo, Caprice and Firebirds are model names...Chevrolet and Pontiac are brand names as well as different Divisions of GM.  

Well, try to put a car named' Monte Carlo' or 'Firebird' into volume production and I believe the GM attorneys would be knocking on your door concerning brand infringement!!:o

So you're saying Chevrolet and Chevelle, Corvette, and others models within the Division are equal brand names?  It's not brand infringement...whether the model names are trademarked I can't say but car companies do own rights to names that are registered.  In the late 1960s Studebaker gave up the rights to model names like Land Cruiser, Commander, Daytona and all others save Avanti which was part of the deal with the soon-to-be Avanti Motor Corporation.  

There are model names that have been used by many companies...the model or sub-model "LS" has been used by numerous companies.  The same with "GT".  

2 minutes ago, Gunslinger said:

So you're saying Chevrolet and Chevelle, Corvette, and others models within the Division are equal brand names?  It's not brand infringement...whether the model names are trademarked I can't say but car companies do own rights to names that are registered.  In the late 1960s Studebaker gave up the rights to model names like Land Cruiser, Commander, Daytona and all others save Avanti which was part of the deal with the soon-to-be Avanti Motor Corporation.  

There are model names that have been used by many companies...the model or sub-model "LS" has been used by numerous companies.  The same with "GT".  

Yes, Corvette is indeed a brand name of General Motors....You may perhaps understand better if you check out Webster's New American dictionary for definitions of the word 'Brand'!

I'd prefer to use common sense.  Chevrolet is a brand of General Motors.  Corvette is a Chevrolet model.  You choose the way you want to look at it...I'll choose to view it correctly.  ?

1 minute ago, Gunslinger said:

I'd prefer to use common sense.  Chevrolet is a brand of General Motors.  Corvette is a Chevrolet model.  You choose the way you want to look at it...I'll choose to view it correctly.  ?

Whatever you say Gunny!!:wacko::)

Thank you, Gunslinger.  Monte Carlo, Caprice, Corvette, Nova, Corvair, etc. are all model names of the brand Chevrolet made by the General Motors Corporation.  Firebird, etc. are model names of the Pontiac brand.  This is the same as Lark, Avanti, etc. are model names of the Studebaker brand.    

3 minutes ago, studegary said:

Thank you, Gunslinger.  Monte Carlo, Caprice, Corvette, Nova, Corvair, etc. are all model names of the brand Chevrolet made by the General Motors Corporation.  Firebird, etc. are model names of the Pontiac brand.  This is the same as Lark, Avanti, etc. are model names of the Studebaker brand.    

Sure Gary!!.......and I think I'll stop buying 'SKIPPY' brand peanut butter......Now I'll only purchase 'HORMEL FOOD SALES, LLC' brand peanut butter!!!!!

You guys are a riot!! :):wacko::)

4 minutes ago, mfg said:

Sure Gary!!.......and I think I'll stop buying 'SKIPPY' brand peanut butter......Now I'll only purchase 'HORMEL FOOD SALES, LLC' brand peanut butter!!!!!

You guys are a riot!! :):wacko::)

You are only supporting my answer (and Gunslinger's).  Hormel being the corporation and Skippy being the brand (not a model). 

Just now, studegary said:

You are only supporting my answer (and Gunslinger's).  Hormel being the corporation and Skippy being the brand (not a model). 

I think you have that backwards Gary, however, it's probably time to say......'WHATEVER YOU SAY GARY'!! :wacko: