Brake Rear wheel cylinders

1963r2

I notice that there are always 2 wheel cylinders quoted for the early ( Stude/ Avanti ll) Avantis.

I assume there is a difference to them other than price .

What is the difference ?

I'm thinking that the change of wheel cylinder may coincide with the installation of the dual master cylinder.

If that is the case when I convert my 63 over to a dual master set up should I use the later wheel cylinder ?

Thanks

Peter

1 hour ago, 1963r2 said:

I notice that there are always 2 wheel cylinders quoted for the early ( Stude/ Avanti ll) Avantis.

I assume there is a difference to them other than price .

What is the difference ?

I'm thinking that the change of wheel cylinder may coincide with the installation of the dual master cylinder.

If that is the case when I convert my 63 over to a dual master set up should I use the later wheel cylinder ?

Thanks

Peter

Perhaps I am missing something.  I thought that there was only one 3/4 inch wheel cylinder for the rear of 1963 - 1971 Avantis.   

Avanti Motors changed to self-adjusting rear brakes and used new wheel cylinders.  Avanti Motors used the original design with dual master cylinders up until that point but changed the booster, master cylinder and rear wheel cylinders during the 1971 model year.  

FYI, I needed to replace my rear cylinders, they are about $90 each. White Post is going to sleeve them for $85 each, and they will never pit again.