Carb info

I am trying to do inventory on my stuff (big job). A while back, I bought a bunch of stuff, and among the items is a DELCO factory rebuilt, plastic wrapped, carb Rochester Quadrajet 24-3034, with service package. The other numbers that I have are: 07046904 on the box, and 07029207 2652 stamped on the carb body. The invoice is $164.04 dated 1983! My Avanti are a 1963 R1, and a 1985, so I don't think it is needed for use on mine. I don't remember what year Avanti II the people had, that I bought it from, so I would like to find out more info. What it fits, cu inch, if something has to be done to it before use, and realistic asking price. Anyone have info they could share?  Thanks, George Rohrbach 

Edited by Georger

Quadrajets have been used on many sized engines...from the Pontiac OHC Sprint inline 6-cylinder to 455 ci engines.  Its spread-bore design with small primaries and large secondaries lends it to many applications.  Do a web search on it and you can find the applications that go with those numbers.

• 6 months later...
On 4/17/2018 at 4:03 PM, Georger said:

I am trying to do inventory on my stuff (big job). A while back, I bought a bunch of stuff, and among the items is a DELCO factory rebuilt, plastic wrapped, carb Rochester Quadrajet 24-3034, with service package. The other numbers that I have are: 07046904 on the box, and 07029207 2652 stamped on the carb body. The invoice is $164.04 dated 1983! My Avanti are a 1963 R1, and a 1985, so I don't think it is needed for use on mine. I don't remember what year Avanti II the people had, that I bought it from, so I would like to find out more info. What it fits, cu inch, if something has to be done to it before use, and realistic asking price. Anyone have info they could share?  Thanks, George Rohrbach 

If that Quadrajet has electronic 'plug-ins' on it, that would mean it was made for GM computer Command Control 4bbl cars, and would most probably be the correct carb for your '85.