Avanti interior makeover

A83

3 hours ago, A83 said:

Any idea what it might cost me to have my entire interior redone in my 83 to change the color? 

I am toying with the idea.

Thanks 

Kevin 

A lot.  Maybe less if you can do much of it yourself.  

If the interior is leather, dying is a good option. I did my 83 leather with a dye from Leatherque.com. I sent them a sample of the leather to match the color and it was a excellent match and worked well. For vinyl, the best I've found is SEM vinyl dye. I did my 74 interior with it. I can't speak to how well it will wear but it's finicky to spray thickness. To work well it needs to be done in thin coats.

As far as a new interior, go to a couple of car shows in your area and talk to the folks with nice interiors about who did them and the quality they produced. Most towns have a shop or two that do good work. My county has about 70,000 soles total and there are two shops that do very good work. Two things, the prices are generally in line with mail order except I don't know who makes later Avanti upholstery for mail order. Secondly, don't expect a two week turn around. Most local guys depend on repeat business so  if a regular customer shows up, you move back in line. The shop that did my 89 Avanti dash told me in November that it would be ready in early January. It was done in April. Why, a few regular customers had moved ahead of me and the businesses owners cousin that helped out spent three month in the county lockup.

Be prepared to wait it out, don't yell and scream, just show up occasionally to check progress and let them know you are paying attention but don't overtly push. 

Thanks everyone - the interior is actually in real good condition and is leather - I have been using leathers  due  to fix a few spots and their products for cleaning are great also.  So I am probably going to just leave it.  

Appreciate the comments.