Hood stuck

Steelersman

I recently purchased an '85 RQB.  I noticed that the corner of the hood, pax side, near the windshield, where it comes up, was slightly higher than the other corners of the hood (1/4-1/2 in. gap) .  I tried to adjust the conical tip (just below the coil spring that is between that tip and the underside of the hood).  I turned the slot at the bottom of the tip 1/2 turn CW and closed the hood, with some improvement noted (the corner was a little lower... gap decreased).  So I turned the slot/cone another 1/2 turn CW and closed the hood.  Now I can't get the #&!@^$ thing open!!.  The driver's side releases but no joy on the other side.  To add insult to injury, I had a small box of sockets and ratchets on the air cleaner cover.   Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just call me dumb azz.

Under the fender on the older cars there is access to the latch on each side behind a rubber plug . Pull the rubber plug and use a large blade screwdriver as a lever and pry the spring loaded slider aside  / release each side separately