Annual SDC 'Octoberfest'!

mfg

Boston area Avanti owners!!!.....Don't forget about the SDC Ocean Bay Chapter's annual 'OCTOBERFEST' this weekend (Sunday, 22nd) to be held, as usual, on the lawn of the historic Museum Of Transportation, (Larz Anderson Park), in the town of Brookline, Massachusetts.

The weather is supposed to be GREAT!, which means they'll be a nice turnout of Avantis of all years there! (As well as many beautiful Studebakers and Packards.)

Hope to see you all there!! ( Event runs from about 10AM till 3PM)

Edited by mfg

Not from the "Boston area", but I have driven a variety of Studebakers up to that meet over the years.  It is a good meet in a nice location.  Bob Bourke signed up for SDC seated in my 1953 Commander Starliner at that meet.  I will not be making it this year.    

What a nice show!....I was pleased to see many of my long time Studebaker friends, and met some new ones too! ....including someone from this Avanti Forum! (Arkus)

There were more vehicles entered into the Avanti class (12) than any of the other classes....All really nice Avantis, ranging from an early (63R 1097) Avanti red supercharged model to a low mileage and like new red 1989 Avanti coupe.

We took the 1983 'Tapestry Red' daily driver Avanti, which turned the heads of a few folks that remembered that just a year ago it sat at about the same spot on the show field painted all white!

I took several photos and I'll try to post them soon.:)