For Sale: 1976 Avanti II

Dan Hoefer

• 2 months later...

We have a 1976 Avanti II for sale. I've been driving it to and from work for a couple weeks now in an effort to sell it, and it runs great. Prior to the past month, it had been several months since the car had been driven, and it's simply going to waste. We truly don't appreciate this car like someone else would, and my wife wants a new horse trailer.

Original 400 Smallblock

Original automatic transmission

Silver exterior

Blue cloth & vinyl interior

Power windows

Air Conditioning

Garage stored it's entire life

79,xxx miles

Serial number RQB2447

It's in "good" condition, but not perfect. The paint has several chips, and the interior is worn (but no holes). The motor is clean and very well maintained (my father-in-law owned this car and absolutely loved it). The headlights do flicker off from time to time, and I haven't made any effort to diagnose this problem. The tachometer works some days, and doesn't work others... again, I haven't made any effort at diagnosis of this problem. Other than that, I'm not aware of any issues.

I'm not sure just what price to put on it, but we are sincere about selling it. My wife would like to get $12,500 for it; but admittedly that has some "sentimental value" built in for her. I'll start the asking price at $11,000 but make an offer if your are legitimately interested, as we truly do intend to sell it.

The car is located in central South Carolina.

:( FYI

1976 AVANTI II Dsp/HP Eng Fair Good Exc Show Loan

2D COUPE 1973-76 400/245 V8 6,000 9,500 12,000 21,000 S 8,500

Data updated August 2006 .

Archived