The Avanti website

lschuc

Does anyone know what happened to Richard Gallatin, the creator and webmaster of theavanti.net?   It is not working for me today, and doesn't go anywhere.  I tried to email Richard, using 3 email accounts that have worked for him in the past, but the messages are all returned as undeliverable.  Hope he is OK.

• 4 weeks later...

Dennis Richard Gallatin, who went by his middle name, Richard, died March 16, 2017 at his home in Alexandria, Virginia.  Richard created and ran the website, TheAvanti.net (formerly TheAvanti.com) in the early 2000s and continued cataloging maintaining the site until shortly before his death.  Avanti Magazine Issue 179 is in production and should be in the mail next week.  We have a full obituary on Richard Gallatin in the magazine. 

He was 72 and died from cancer of the liver and esophagus. A graveside service was held Saturday, March 25 at Fairfax Memorial Park in Fairfax, Virginia.  Memorial contributions maybe be made in his name to Capital Caring Hospice, Resource Development Dept., 2900 Telestar Court, Falls Church, VA  22042.

Although his email and website are no longer active, the AOAI will publish his complete website as a link off of our site in the near future, as a continuing memorial and legacy to Richard.

rgallatin2017.jpg

Richard-Gallatin.jpg

Very sad news, indeed.

It was through the Registry on Richard's site that the son of the original owner of my '63 R2 was able to locate and contact me. We struck up an online friendship that led to exchange of pictures and information on the car, including the window sticker. Years later, I sold the car back into its "original family".

I do hope Richard's website and especially its Registry can be kept up by the AOAI...it is a valuable resource.

Edited by drn1965