Donating my Bonneville Avanti

Avanti kid

Hi everyone, my latest status is I have contacted the Studebaker National Foundation and indicated to them that I want to donate my racing Avanti to their organization, they are excited to receive it, The plan is to give them the Pink Slip for ownership, then they will loan it to the Studebaker National Museum and to other museum across the USA. I have contacted a company that can appraise the value of my car for a IRS deduction, they will be here to see the car in 2 week. Also, my co-driver Mike Benbenick and I are taking my Avanti to the Studebaker International car show on May 3 thru 6th, then hopefully have the SNF put the car in the SNM for display. I feel this will be a fitting place for my car that I bought new in 1963 for the public to see and the SNF has a policy to never sell my car. So Mike and I are looking forward to the car show and hope to see some of our friends there and meet new ones, It really has been a very special ride for 23 years of racing, take care and enjoy 2017, Dave Bloomberg "Avanti Kid Racing"

• 8 months later...

Since I posted above we made some plan changes, I gave the Studebaker National Foundation my pink slip so they own it and they arranged for Mike and me to deliver my Avanti to the "World of Speed" museum just south of Portland, Oregon, so on May 3rd we went 1000 miles in 18 hours and delivered it there, it will be there for the next 2 years, then they will move it to another car museum in the USA. I did get my car legally appraised for  income tax deduction for $106,333.00 which I was very happy about, see photo of  me delivering car at museum.

2017 May 3rd Avanti in Museum 094.JPG

Here is another photo of my Avanti at the World of Speed Musuem near Portland, Oregon, it is in the Land Speed Car section.

2017 May Avanti World of Speed Musuem.jpg