Sign in to follow this  
GAWen

1988 Convertible appraisal

I took the 1998 convert. to an appraiser last Friday to satisfy my insurance company. He only charged me $145.00. Heck, right now I am paying that much each month for full coverage on the 1988. But, I am only paying $46.00 a month for full coverage on the 1971 Avanti. Anyway, while the appraiser was looking the car over, I lowered the top, outside temp was 60 degrees, very low humidity, (after all this is the desert), and I heard a loud cracking sound as the top lowered. Not a good sound, What could crack on a convertible top. Yep, right answer, rear window (plastic), Split right down the middle. Damn, what a bad time for this to happen. However it did not affect the appraiser in his report. The car appraised at $27,000.00. New rear window cost me $240.00. The 1971 goes to the repair shop next month for a minor restoration.

I checked with Hagerty, their appraisal was many thousand lower and their annual insurance cost is $1,200.00 higher than what I am now paying for the same coverage.