Stainless Trim Piece Needed #1351037 Above Driver's Window

JLBKY

I'm looking for the Stainless Steel Trim piece ( Part # 1351037 ) for the driver's side that goes between the top horizontal weather strip ,at the top of the driver's roll up window, and the body. It is not the drip rail. This piece is on '63's up to serial # 4420. It is "L" shaped and 29 1/2 inches long. The short leg of the "L" is 1/4 " and the long leg of the "L" is 7/8". The long leg of this "L" shaped piece has 6 "U" shaped notches stamped into it so it can be slid in between the weatherstrip and the body and secured with the weather strip attaching screws.

I have 3 pieces of 1351036 , the right side version of this trim. I'd trade a right for a left or purchase out right.

Thanks

John

502 773 05 nine two

These 'L' shaped pieces you're inquiring about are found on Avantis built without drip rails...correct?....And they were removed if and when a set of drip rails were later installed on a Studebaker Avanti post-production?

These 'L' shaped pieces you're inquiring about are found on Avantis built without drip rails...correct?....And they were removed if and when a set of drip rails were later installed on a Studebaker Avanti post-production?

Well...............I have no idea. I'm not suggesting you are incorrect, I just don't know. If what you stated is correct, then I don't need the piece.

Hopefully there will be a few more replies clarifying what is correct.

Thanks for your reply.

John

You're welcome!...I'm 99% sure that those 'L' shaped stainless trim pieces were to be discarded (!!!) when a retrofit drip rail kit was installed on a Stude Avanti.

By the way, that Stude Avanti drip rail kit wholesaled for about $7.00 in '63-'64!

I have an early 63 that had the drip rails and grille installed before it was sold after sitting in a company depot for over a year. The cost of both items was added manually to the factory invoice. In this case the L shaped trim pieces were left on the car, slipped under the drip rail. Maybe dealer mechanics did not always follow the factory installation instructions.

I have an early 63 that had the drip rails and grille installed before it was sold after sitting in a company depot for over a year. The cost of both items was added manually to the factory invoice. In this case the L shaped trim pieces were left on the car, slipped under the drip rail. Maybe dealer mechanics did not always follow the factory installation instructions.

Interesting story!...and yes, I don't see why the 'L' shaped trim AND the drip rails can't be used together.....might actually be a nicer look!....a bit more 'shiny stuff'!!

Interesting story!...and yes, I don't see why the 'L' shaped trim AND the drip rails can't be used together.....might actually be a nicer look!....a bit more 'shiny stuff'!!

I was think the same thing! So, I'm back in the hunt for Part # 1351037, for the left side.

Thanks

John

I was think the same thing! So, I'm back in the hunt for Part # 1351037, for the left side.

Thanks

John

I have a couple of those 'L's in my parts stash.....I highly doubt I have the one you need, but I promise to look this weekend.

If I should have it, it is of no use to me, and you can have it for postage cost.

I have a couple of those 'L's in my parts stash.....I highly doubt I have the one you need, but I promise to look this weekend.

If I should have it, it is of no use to me, and you can have it for postage cost.

Thanks.............I'll be on a trip for several weeks, so IF you find it, I'll be awhile getting back to you. Very limited Internet availability where I'm going.

Thanks

John

John, I struck out on the "over the driver's door " L moulding, although I believe I found either a right or left side "over the 1/4 window" (short) L moulding.

Thanks . The driver's door piece is the only piece I need.