"89 avanti coupe parts

Alan

Hi Folks,

Great forum with great info. I have some additional problems with my '89 Avanti coupe. I may need a new passenger side power window lift motor. any idea as to part number or brand at least. any idea where I can get the part? also, my outside driver door handle broke. any idea where I can get a replacement? Thanks a miin for your replies.

It is likely much cheaper to have your current window motor rebuilt. On my '70 that's in the body shop now being rebuilt, I have one window motor that does work and one that didn't. I took them both to a local rebuilder and for $80 I now have two completely rebuilt window motors. The price of one replacement motor for my '70 would have been at least $200.

Hi Folks,

Great forum with great info. I have some additional problems with my '89 Avanti coupe. I may need a new passenger side power window lift motor. any idea as to part number or brand at least. any idea where I can get the part? also, my outside driver door handle broke. any idea where I can get a replacement? Thanks a miin for your replies.

The motors in my '87 are from a late model Chrysler, the doors are reversed drivers being pasenger etc. You can get them from any auto parts supplier for less than $80.00. Check the switches first, pull up on the wood panel that they are mounted in and switch the plug-ins. If it works from the other switch than the switch is bad. Also check the ground for the motor, that's what was wrong with my drivers motor.

I purchased a door handle recentily from Nostalgie Motor Cars, their web site is http://www.avantiparts.net/default.htm

Good luck,

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
The motors in my '87 are from a late model Chrysler, the doors are reversed drivers being pasenger etc. You can get them from any auto parts supplier for less than $80.00. Check the switches first, pull up on the wood panel that they are mounted in and switch the plug-ins. If it works from the other switch than the switch is bad. Also check the ground for the motor, that's what was wrong with my drivers motor.

I purchased a door handle recentily from Nostalgie Motor Cars, their web site is http://www.avantiparts.net/default.htm

Good luck,

Jim

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful. I located a source for the power wndow motor lift - Jon Myers, who wirtes for the Avanti Magazine. He has a part which he says fits the 1984-86 models. He doesn't know if it also fits the 1989. Any guess?

Thanks.

Alan