Recaro Seats

wapanzica

A good upholstery shop should be able to help you out. The Avanti Recaros are long out of production and replacement foam from Recaro may either be unavailable or very expensive.

One other option is Nostalgic Motors...Dan Booth purchased all of Avanti Motor's spare parts inventory when they moved to Youngstown.

Thank You James, I want to keep the original seats since we are restoring the car so I need all the restoration parts I can get. Unless you have an idea of a seat model #. I could use a new frame and install the original seat cover on. Possible?

Nice! Can you post some "before" and "after" pics?

Found a local shop that is going to repair the seats for under $250 each. They will get it done much faster then I could.

Thanks for all your help.

• 7 years later...

Recently I found some 1980's Recaro advertising. Starting with the blended bumper Blake cars, I believe they received Recaro KRX or Recaro C model seats. The KRX are full manual, and the C seats come either powered or unpowered. The seat back angle is independently adjustable lower & upper on those models. This is a cool feature as your lower back could be set to a different angle than your upper back.*

I Tweeted @recaroautomotive asking about KRX reprod's. I'd love a new set as mine are pretty well hosed. Then again, maybe a complete tear down, some Evapo•Rust and a phenomenal upholstery shop could perform a miracle?

*Nevermind, that upper adjustment knob is for bolster squeeze/relax, made to fit different people's shoulder widths.

Edited by Geoff
Made some clarifications