Wanted: Set of Recaros or driver's side seat back

Kemter

I have a broken seat back (close to beyond repair) on a '79 model with standard seats. Anyone happen to have a set of Recaros collecting dust they'd like to sell or just a driver's side seat back? What's a good aftermarket fit recommendation?

Thanks.

Jim K.

San Antonio, TX

RQB2897

Check out Procar seats...Summit Racing sells them but you can find their website and look at the styles that they offer. If you want to have them covered to match your interior, simply buy the standard vinyl seats and have matching vinyl, leather or fabric done. I know Procar at least used to list the Avanti in the seat bases directory...don't know if they still do. If they can provide bases contact Wedge Engineering in CA...they have the bases in the database and can make them up on order. The sliders you should get from Procar that the bases will attach to.

When I had my interior done, I found a set of used Recaros really reasonable...but the reupholstering of them was not inexpensive. If I knew about Procar at that time I would have gone that way and saved money. But...I have to say the Recaros are fantastic seats.

Thanks. Just got RQB2897 last month from boogieman. It's a great original time capsule. My previous '79, RQB2933, had the factory installed Recaros, I believe they were the LS model seat, and wow what a difference in comfort over these stock ones.

I'll look into the Procar seats - the Elite if I recall correctly was a pretty close match to the original style Recaros. Incidentally, you can get a set of leather Recaro covers and rear seat from leatherseat.com for $300 (for both front seats) and $300 for the rear - http://www.lseat.com/products/1980-avanti-ii-recaro-custom-real-leather-seat-covers-front.html

Archived