Tu-Tone Avanti!

mfg

I would say true, since I do not count a couple of stripes (possibly tape) as a two-tone paint job. You do say "Studebaker". For later (non-Studebaker) Avantis I believe that it was an extra cost option, at least for 1987.

I would say true, since I do not count a couple of stripes (possibly tape) as a two-tone paint job. You do say "Studebaker". For later (non-Studebaker) Avantis I believe that it was an extra cost option, at least for 1987.

Wrong Gary, the answer is indeed FALSE!

Wrong Gary, the answer is indeed FALSE!

Other than that Avanti modified for use at a race track, do you have an example of a factory two-tone paint job for a 1963-1964 Studebaker Avanti?

Other than that Avanti modified for use at a race track, do you have an example of a factory two-tone paint job for a 1963-1964 Studebaker Avanti?

Certainly!....the then Studebaker owned Paxton Products 'Due Cento' Avanti!....The indents in the roof panel (over the doors) were painted in a contrasting silver color. (main body of this race-prepared Avanti was red)

Certainly!....the then Studebaker owned Paxton Products 'Due Cento' Avanti!....The indents in the roof panel (over the doors) were painted in a contrasting silver color. (main body of this race-prepared Avanti was red)

I would not call that a factory two-tone paint job. I believe that Paxton modified the car post-production.

I would not call that a factory two-tone paint job. I believe that Paxton modified the car post-production.

I wouldn't either,....but if you'll re-read my original question, you'll see that 'DueCento' does fit into the question's parameters!

Edited by mfg

Oh, the subtleties of some of these questions.... on any of 'their' Avanti's! Love it.

Yes, I understand what your saying Norm!......However, I can't make these questions TOO easy...can I?

How about some cars having the lower scoop blacked out? :ph34r:

Ha-ha!.....I never 'bought into' that one brad......The ENTIRE EXTERIOR of a factory production line Studebaker Avanti should be one color....Anything else was done 'post-production'!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, a closer look at the video of Due Cento shows that it had the silver contrasting paint also along the top of the fenders where the panel is flat coming up from the signal light to somewhere towards the rear of the fender. Indeed subtle!

Good 'catch' Norm,....Indeed the tops of the front fenders were also tu-toned on the 'Due Cento'......Hmmm!, I wonder how my Avanti would look done up that way??????

Put a picture of it in Photobucket, go to the "Draw" function make any changes you want to the body color, shades, stripes, etc.

Edited by Avanti83