oil pressure sender.

Pat K

Why is this so hard? I am trying to replace my oil pressure sender on my '85.

My mechanic is concerned about the stock sender for the 305 compatablity with my stewart warner gauge.

Is this a problem? Anyone know the Oil pressure sender part number I should be looking for?

Thanks

I confuse easily, is the sender the original that came with your car. If so, then it should work. If a replacement sender then the odds are pretty good that it is just a grounding sender that turns on the idiot light.

Go to Summit Racing and match the SW sender PSI to your gauge and you should be good to go. Bob

I would suspect so, it looks like the SW senders in my Avantis. Their return policy is second to none. Bob

When I changed out my gauges I went with an electric oil pressure gauge. It's a Stewart Warner 0-100 unit and I used a Sunpro sending unit, which always read low and somewhat erratic. I finally broke down and bought the correct SW sending unit for my gauge and installed it, only to find it now reads even lower! (Around 25 to 30 max.)

I hooked up an analog gauge just to check it and I'm getting around 50 at start up and about 35 at idle warmed up, which makes me feel better, but I'm not sure what to do about my gauge. I might go back to an analog gauge after all.