Sign in to follow this  
r1lark

'84/'85 Avanti Two-Tone Paint?

Anyone have any examples that they can post of '84/'85 Avantis repainted in two-tone paint schemes?

There is a two-tone 1987 on eBay currently. That would be similar in body appearance to an '84-'85.

I do not think that Avanti bodies lend themselves to a good appearance with two-tone paint jobs.

I think for the best two-tone results, an Avanti needs a dent-resistant trim strip horizontally down the middle of the sides to break the paint line up. Even then, I agree that the Avanti design doesn't lend itself well to the two-tone treatment. I know this is all subjective, but to my eye a pin stripe near the top of the body line following the curves is the most tasteful addition. Just my opinion.

After quite a bit of searching, found these pictures on the 'net. If anyone has any others, please post them! (Yes, I know the second one is an earlier Avanti, but there were so few to be found that I wanted to go ahead and post this one too.)

post-12191-0-00595200-1442352837_thumb.jpg

post-12191-0-86177400-1442352862_thumb.jpg

post-12191-0-03508600-1442352864_thumb.jpg

Edited by r1lark

I bought this 84 touring coupe several years ago but sold it to buy my convertible. It was repainted by the original owner from red to two tone red and black. He supposedly did this after seeing other Avanti's two toned.

shade1right2.jpg

Most of those examples are tastefully done, but IMHO, the lines of the car do not lend it to being two toned.