now i've heard everything!

arkus

having had at least one avanti continuously for the last 40 odd years, i thought i had heard all the "stories". today as my wife and i exited a store and made our way to our car, (an '83) we were greeted by an older fellow who was waiting to chat with whomever owned the car. he started with "what a great looking studebaker", when i explained it was actually an avanti, 20 years removed from studebaker he asked if it was fiberglass. when i told him that all avantis were glass he informed me that the 1st 200 avantis were MADE OF METAL and given away by studebaker as "gifts". when i said that i kind of doubted that he said he had the book that proved it. then he asked if "the two young guys" who built some of the avantis in california had been able to keep the company afloat. that was our signal to move on; i explained that we were late for an appointment and left. it was a great day learning this new information and i thought it imperative to pass it along the proper channels.

You can't educate everybody...some simply don't like being corrected and refuse to believe anything that challenges their long held "facts" and some are very willing to get correct information.

Sometimes it's better to walk away and leave them in their ignorance...even if genuinely believed...than create a scene in public and hard feelings.