Cars and Coffee Plano Tx.

Greg Howarth

Yesterday I took my '73 Avanti to the car show. Got there at 6:15 am and their was a line of cars 2 blocks long. I luckily got near the head of the line they flagged me right in ( they like cars that are different and Avanti's fit the bill.). I've been going there for over 3 years and have never seen an Avanti there. A lady in a 66 GTO parked beside me ,What a gorgeous car she said she inherited from her Dad. This was my time as a participant at a car show . What a thrill, I'm 68 acting like a teenager.

My son also joined me and made the experience that much more special. I let him drive the car out of the show past the crowd.

While at the show many people asked questions like "what the hell is that?" It was kind of funny because a lot of people took pictures. Other old guys where looking at the car and remembering way back when. Had a terrific day can't wait until the next time .

I'M JUST AN OLD MAN LIVING HIS DREAM!

One last thing, I know my car is not a show car, but it is a car that should be shown.

Great story, and good for you Greg! Bringing a car to an auto show is always more special when family (your son) joins in!

Hope you have many more of these fun experiences with your Avanti!!