Avanti motors

zogcong

went by the factory in Villa Rica on Friday and the place was empty. Guy inside said they had moved out six weeks ago and moved everything to Cancun Mexico. Thought they might be back in business in next several weeks. Stay tuned.

FYI I'm looking for a driver or a parts car that is complete and running but could have major damage. End in mind is to salvage off of it to restore my 78 coupe which flooded in Katrina---or just a replacement car.

This is a copy of an article from the Villa Rica Voice March 28,2006

The city of Villa Rica has agreed to buy the building that currently houses Avanti Motors off Bankhead Highway downtown. The city plans to centralize most of its operations at that location.

The Avanti facilities are being vacated after the company assembled its cars here for several years.

The city of Villa Rica has approved spending $1 million plus six acres of city-owned land in the Industrial Park for the Avanti facility. Mayor Jay Collins said that he will appoint a committee to recommend improvements to the property while City Manager Bob Zellner divides the 125,000 square foot facility into spaces for various city offices.

Collins said that virtually all city offices will move downtown, including city hall, the library, public works and the city’s motor pool operations. Collins said that the city will spend $1.5-2 million to renovate the property, which was a sock mill at one time.“We will secure bids on remodeling after the committee makes its recommendation,” Collins said. “The Downtown Development Authority (DDA) will certainly have input on the aesthetics of the final design.”

When improvements are complete and city offices begin their move downtown, Collins said that the city will sell the current city hall, which began life as a bank office in the late 1970s.Collins said that moving downtown was natural given the revitalization the area has undergone over the past several years.

“I think it is ironic that about the time the DDA began to take a hard look at making downtown a better place, the city moved to the outskirts,” Collins said. “I regard this move as an investment in continuing to make downtown vital again.” With the move, the only city offices not located downtown will be the Recreation Department, which will remain at Gold Dust Park in the city’s west Industrial Park. The move will take 5-7 years to complete

went by the factory in Villa Rica on Friday and the place was empty. Guy inside said they had moved out six weeks ago and moved everything to Cancun Mexico. Thought they might be back in business in next several weeks. Stay tuned.

FYI I'm looking for a driver or a parts car that is complete and running but could have major damage. End in mind is to salvage off of it to restore my 78 coupe which flooded in Katrina---or just a replacement car.

They got evicted? Bummer! :blink:

About the 78 Avanti .. if you are planning on replacing it, I know of someone considering a complete resto-

update for an Avanti thats a good base. The body/frame/glass make it through OK?

Tom

They got evicted? Bummer! :blink:

About the 78 Avanti .. if you are planning on replacing it, I know of someone considering a complete resto-

update for an Avanti thats a good base. The body/frame/glass make it through OK?

Tom

I would definitely consider selling the 78 if it was going to a good home. Body is excellent and was just getting ready to go to paint booth when it flooded. Frame is very strong as are the hog troughs---car was undercoated at factory when new and spent its life in Texas. I have cleaned it out and preserved where it needed it. It was my mom's car and she was the original owner---have all paperwork from new. Have all the chrome bumpers rechromed and not in flood, have a complete rubber weatherstrip kit. Would be glad to talk to any prospective purchaser.

Tom Wood 504-866-2848 home (new orleans)

I would definitely consider selling the 78 if it was going to a good home. .. Have all the chrome bumpers rechromed and not in flood, have a complete rubber weatherstrip kit. Would be glad to talk to any prospective purchaser.

I will pass on the info. Thanks!

Tom