Avanti mechanic recommendation, OC, needed

Palantirion

My "Tribute" project is stalled from further photography and showing due to what I am certain is a failing head gasket - although there may be other age-related problems. The car still runs, but isn't really safe or polite to drive.

I am now searching for a reliable person in the Orange County area that I can trust to find and fix ALL the problems and also store the car properly during the rebuild. 1964 R1/auto.

Yeah, that would have been my first choice Lew. Unfortunately I have mixed feeling about Jason. He had my Avanti for years, which was ok at the time. And did the jobs I paid him for pretty well, but didn't store the car properly at all and the sun and rain really screwed up the interior and rubber. He also didn't notice the problems I'm having now, leaks and such, even though he did a valve spring replacement. Car's only had maybe 200 miles since I got it from him. I wish he had noticed these problems then, I would have had him do all the engine work!

He's also semi-retired when last I spoke to him. His workflow is very slow and workspace small with virtually no proper storage.

Any other suggestions?

• 2 months later...

Through some driving and cold calling I ended up finding a great mechanic here in Orange - specializing in pre-war restorations but with a racing background. He fixed several leaks that apparently eluded OCS, and is reasonably priced for the thoroughness of the work. His workflow is very dense and he is "appointment only", so if you want to contact him, PM me.