Sign in to follow this  
wopony12

Wiper witch

Is the '87 wiper switch on the steering column turn signal stalk like my '89? If so, then it a standard GM product, Saginaw steering gear. Not an easy replacement job. Never done it, just heard the task of replacement is time consuming. A chev dealer should be able to do it since the 87 car is essentially a Monte Carlo. .

Since my center console is out, installing a Vintage Air system, I removed my switch and took it to my auto electric vendor for ID. He didn't have one but we believe it came out of a 1983-86 Jeep CJ5, CJ7 and CJ8. Crown PN 5758687 or 19106.02 or J5758687.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVrwnGXNVDkkA2h8nnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=Crown+5758687&fr=yhs-mozilla-004&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004

My switch in addition to the rear electrical plug also had a hole drilled into the metal housing and a ground wire added to it.

Safe motoring,

Jim Wood

Edited by IndyJimW

Thanks everyone. I believe I have 8 wires including ground. Have to remove and check out.