Free Free Free

Guest berdes

Guest berdes

Would anyone be interested in the engine out of my '83 ?? I'm currently in the process of replaceing it with a 400. It's an SBC 305, ran OK, odometer shows around 35,000 (?), just wanted a larger engine. Anyway if intersested, just reply and come get it. Toms River area NJ.

Would anyone be interested in the engine out of my '83 ?? I'm currently in the process of replaceing it with a 400. It's an SBC 305, ran OK, odometer shows around 35,000 (?), just wanted a larger engine. Anyway if intersested, just reply and come get it. Toms River area NJ.

If you havent bought the 400 yet, I would suggest an engine/trans from a 4th Gen F-body (Camaro/Firebird)

its an LT1 with a 4L60E tran (the upgraded 4 speed auto). Yours is a TH700 R4 also correct? You have the

early version, if so. That trans isnt going to last very long with the power of that 400. Just FYI. You might

look for an 88 to 93 TH700R4 or 4L60 (no 'E').

Also .. I will have a 305/350 tran from a 78 Camaro (left over from our LT1 install project) that can join your

305 for some company, then it wont be lonely. ;)

Tom

Guest berdes

Thanx for the reply Tom, but that 305 of mine prefers to travel rather than entertain. Maybe your's would like some company?

Have the 400 on the stand ready for a refresh and a few mods. Trans was a 350 three spd. that someone swapped in before I got it, now it's a 200 R4 from a Buick Grand Sport with B&M mods, so it's pretty stout, not to mention the better gearing.

Best regards, Les

P.S. If anyone would feel better about it, I'll gladly take a couple hundred for the motor. Maybe it's easier to

sell something than give it away. Carb., starter, distributor, computer, it's all there guy's --- someone around here must need parts.

Have the 400 on the stand ready for a refresh and a few mods. Trans was a 350 three spd. that someone swapped in before I got it, now it's a 200 R4 from a Buick Grand Sport with B&M mods, so it's pretty stout, not to mention the better gearing.

Good luck with the project, I have just had really good luck with my LT1's, so I have a

tendency to recommend them. ;) I dont remember reading that the 200 4R had better

gearing then the 700 R4. The 700 is a 3.1 first, and a .8 OD. I have read that a well

built 200 can be a good working trans, but the 700 is good out-of-the-box from 88 up.

Just FYI for others reading this post.

If anyone would feel better about it, I'll gladly take a couple hundred for the motor. Maybe it's easier to

sell something than give it away.

It is actually. Its a standard GM engine, so you might have more luck selling it in the

local paper for 500 bucks, then giving it away here. :P

Tom