1977 Avanti 2 For Sale

Guest Joel H

Guest Joel H

Car History: First owned by a (literally) “little old lady” for about 2 years. Bought for her by her husband, who I hear was a doctor, and an Avanti afficianado. He passed away shortly after buying it, and she really didn’t like it or use it much. Next owner is the most important as far as credibility of maintenance & condition is concerned. Owned 1979-1996 by Tony Patane of Carmel NY. Tony is one of 3 brothers who owned several car dealerships and repair facilities in the Westchester and Putnam NY area. I think they owned Stude and American Motors dealerships among them. All 3 were/are avid collectors, and at the time that I bought this Avanti from Tony, it was one of 3 he then had, as well as several Hawks & a Lark convertible (plus about 20 other nice specimens). I had bugged him about this for several years before he finally parted with it; had bought another car from him before. In both his possession & mine, this car has never seen snow or salt, and has only very rarely seen rain, when unexpected showers occurred. I put 10k miles on it in the past 10 years. It currently shows just under 74,000 miles; I am quite sure that the mileage is accurate.

Repainted about 12 years ago; dove grey- not sure if this was the original color. It is gorgeous; very classy & shiny. When last driven, about 4 years ago, car passed NYS inspection, got new brake pads, front tires, oil & lube. Runs & drives. Just put in new battery & started right up.

Perfect as a show car, project, or a fair-weather “daily driver”. Easy to maintain Corvette drivetrain. Under 74k original miles. Automatic transmission. Power steering, brakes, windows, door & trunk locks, antenna. A/C. Cruise control. Intermittent wipers. Luggage rack. Fog lights. Tan Connolly leather, same as used by Rolls Royce. Superb Dove/ Smoke Gray paint job. Alarm system PLUS hidden kill switch. Original 5 speaker am/fm stereo cassette with power booster. Gorgeous signed Nardi steering wheel; exotic woods & brushed aluminum (In fact, just about every conceivable available option for this model (except moonroof) is on this car!

Comes with original heavy front bumper (off), extra rubber side trim, arm bolster, owners manual, and an unused set of wood dash and accessory trim!

Both visually and mechanically I feel it’s in very good condition, but YOU BE THE JUDGE- come take a look. I have a couple of digital photos, but have had trouble uploading them. Will send to interested parties. Please contact me directly by email at JHeumann@gmail.com or give me a call 9am 7pm at my home/office 845-284-2091. It’s fine to leave your name & number. I’ll get back to you promptly.