1981 Avanti Survivor

Survivor

I have an 1981 Avanti "survivor" that I recently purchased from the original owner(I think), with 54000 miles., kind of a "Barn Find"...It is in reasonably good condition and is ALL original. It drives and looks good especially the interior . I wood like to know approximately what this might be worth for insurance purposes and to make sure I don't spend more tan I can handle on ant repairs it might need. I have the original Manual, and all spec info. Alt help would be appreciated. Feel free to email with your opinions     vic.pacilio@gmail.com  Thank You and God Bless....Retired Marine here...  

A very good source for collector car valuation is Hagerty.com.   https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1981-Avanti-Avanti_II

Looking up a 1981 Avanti II on the site, we see:

Current Values

• #1 Concours$25,200
    Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours."
  • #2 Excellent$16,700
    #2 vehicles could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 vehicles that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and finishes will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine. The vehicle will drive as a new vehicle of its era would. The one word description for #2 vehicles is "excellent."
  • #3 Good$10,800
    #3 vehicles could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 vehicle, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior where applicable. #3 vehicles drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These vehicles are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. "Good" is the one word description of a #3 vehicle.
  • #4 Fair$6,800
    #4 vehicles are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the body has a minor dent. Split seams or a cracked dash, where applicable, might be present. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or other non- stock additions might be present. A #4 vehicle can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a #4 vehicle.