R3

psdenno

That's a pricey "crate" engine.

That's a pricey "crate" engine.

But, of course, there was more to the R3 option than just the R3 engine itself!

Since you bring it up, Eddie, feel free to list those things that were in addition to the engine itself. That's what this trivia forum is all about....sharing factual knowledge about the Avanti.

Dennis

Wouldn't an even MORE interesting question be.....'What WASN'T available on a Studebaker Avanti if the R3 engine option was ordered'???????? (Think about it!!)

No, I"ll stick with my original request that you quantify your earlier remark by listing the "more" you referred to in your vague remark. Waiting.....

No, I"ll stick with my original request that you quantify your earlier remark by listing the "more" you referred to in your vague remark. Waiting.....

....Dennis....please don't revert to your former 'Avanti Forum' self,....We like the 'new' Dennis much better!

....Dennis....please don't revert to your former 'Avanti Forum' self,....We like the 'new' Dennis much better!

All I'm doing is asking you to clarify a statement you made about the R3 option. I'm eager to learn what you meant. There's no need to get snarky. BTW, when you write, "We like the 'new' Dennis much better!" for whom do you speak when you say "We"?

Edited by psdenno

"But, of course, there was more to the R3 option than just the R3 engine itself!"

R3 option also brought along stiffer springs and bigger sway bars, yes?

"Wouldn't an even MORE interesting question be.....'What WASN'T available on a Studebaker Avanti if the R3 engine option was ordered'????????"

Well, we can say air conditioning wasn't available when the R3 option was checked.

The 'Silent Majority' Dennis!,........... Now, are you going to try to answer the 'WASN'T AVAILABLE' question which I politely asked in post # 8 ?

I was wondering how long you could "play nice" and it appears a couple weeks is your limit. You speak only for yourself. Sorry if you're having a bad day. See post #12 above.

Dennis

Sounds to me like a couple "drama queens" vying for the most attention.

charlieRQB3921

You're half right. Eddie likes to feel in charge and challenges anyone who questions him. I have no need for his drama and come here only to post trivia questions and learn from others.

Dennis

You're absolutely right Charlie!....and good old psdenno indeed 'bushwacked' me again....Well, I tried to cut him some slack over the last couple weeks....but as soon as he started with the 'Eddie' thing, I knew I had made a BIG mistake!

Anyway, you'd think psdenno would behave after he saw what happened to his comrade, dapy, but some folks never learn. (Can a leopard change its spots?)

psdenno will be ignored by me in the future, permanently,......and that is that!

You guys can do us all a favor and take your urinary trajectory contest outside. Please...please...keep on topic with Avanti topics. This personal stuff is demeaning to everyone.

Rant over.

In life, it takes all kinds Gunslinger, but not to worry...I'm already outside..... and 'down the road'! (post 18)

Hopefully the Urinary Trajectory Contest is outside, down the road and downwind. AC and hood liner would not have been available in the R 3 option.

There was not enough under hood clearance for the R 3 air box with the hood insulation pad in place. I'm told clearance was achieved by lower motor mounts, some additional shims under the front of the car body mount positions and eliminating the hood pad to get the necessary clearance for the air box.