Manual Pedal Configuration

wapanzica

Can somebody please post a photo of an 84-85 manual pedal configuration?  Do they drop from the top or up from the bottom?  Somebody cut the gas pedal by 2/3's and are using an automatic break pedal on a manual car so when you try to hit the gas or clutch you always hit the break.  

A photo of an existing car would help plus who would have a replacement for this year?  Photo's of both the petals and brackets would give me some guidance. Trying to put everything back to factory.

Thank You

Bill

I suspect that it's the same as earlier models due to using the same frame etc. This is an earlier discussion with a picture of my 74 setup if you don't mind a bit of photobucket shading on it. I can probably dig up a few pictures if necessary.

I would also suspect they are earlier origin assemblies but I do seem to recall that they have a larger pads than earlier. It might be easier to just match the metal pedal pad mount on the brake with the clutch pad mount. The clutch and brake use the same rubber pad.

This should give you an idea of the orientation of the pedals

IjNRelC.jpg

Edited by Avanti83

You could talk to the usual suspects, Myers and Nostalgic, but I'd also suggest that you ask over on the SDC website as they also fit some later Studebaker's. There's a lot more of them and someone can tell you what years and models and possibly have a set available.

You might also go through the Studebaker Vendors list and call a few that look promising.

https://www.studebakervendors.com/

As an aside, if you have the original mounting assembly in place the pedals/arms consist of a rod mounted to one of the pedal arms that passes through a sleeve in the mounting bracket and the other pedal mounts on that rod with some fasteners and shims. IIRC. You may only need the petals/arms and any missing hardware. It may be that you only need the brake petal as the clutch petal looks to be correct.

Hopefully this will help with you search.

Edited by Avanti83

Searched my archives and found some more shots of the assembly. Here are a couple showing the upper mounting area. Disregard the shiny black bracket as it is mounted in the spot for the four speed linkage to activate the hydraulic linkage to the T56.

x1TFprX.jpg 

XUclQnt.jpg