radius rod bracket

Rob Dudley

While chasing odd noises in my wife's '64 I found that the radius rod bracket was broken. The welds that hold the stud into the bracket had failed. I have searched here and Bob's Resource pages and haven't found any articles and wondered if anyone else has dealt with this? Is there an easier way to repair than to cut the bracket and rebuild? I replaced the bushings 2 years ago so this has occurred since, although it could easily have been cracked at the time. Because the bracket mounts to the top of the frame I can't remove it and find another without removing the body. 

Any suggestions appreciated. 

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rob- I note you have no replies on this problem. I believe you will have to swell the ranks of the intrepid and join some of us in a body /frame lift up to undertake this job with confidence   🤔.     I have no idea what your car's condition is like but you can possibly look forward to doing a  but of 'restoration / refreshment work into the bargain. Looking at  the task from that perspective- a silver lining perhaps?   Maybe the job can be done with the body raised high enough to facilitate the weld repair and bypass my previous suggestion...

Steve

RQB3269 (undergoing a Frame swap and partial resto)

IMG_20210103_141752.jpg