'Avanti Borrani'!

mfg

Eddy, that would probably be because there's a difference between trivial information and esoteric information. :)

Really nothing secret about this stuff!.....Stick around awhile and you'll catch on!

Really nothing secret about this stuff!.....Stick around awhile and you'll catch on!

Eddy, Eddy, Eddy, there you go jumping to a conclusion. In this case the wrong conclusion. I didn't say the answer to your trivia question was a secret. I only suggested that the answer probably wasn't widely known and that the pool of folks familiar with the answer was small. Relax. Don't get your knickers in a knot. This is a game and, like you, I'm in it for the long haul.

Eddy, Eddy, Eddy, there you go jumping to a conclusion. In this case the wrong conclusion. I didn't say the answer to your trivia question was a secret. I only suggested that the answer probably wasn't widely known and that the pool of folks familiar with the answer was small. Relax. Don't get your knickers in a knot. This is a game and, like you, I'm in it for the long haul.

It's just that you come across 'wet behind the ears'!

Back to the topic at hand, I'll take a wild stab and say true because if they didn't try a set it would be the only modification they didn't do to an Avanti in the 66-83 era.

That's correct!...Studebaker sold an early '63 Avanti (I believe 63R-1171, R2, 4-speed) to a customer in Italy. Before it left the States it was fitted with special hubs that accommodated Borrani 'knock off' wire wheels......Answer....True

Now really, that question & answer wasn't very 'esoteric' at all,.....was it 'psdenno-dapy'?

Edited by mfg

It's just that you come across 'wet behind the ears'!

There you go again, Eddy, jumping to conclusions. This is probably a conversation best held off-forum. Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to bring you up to speed on forum etiquette and any Avanti topics you'd like to discuss.

There you go again, Eddy, jumping to conclusions. This is probably a conversation best held off-forum. Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to bring you up to speed on forum etiquette and any Avanti topics you'd like to discuss.

Yes, I'll be sure to do that!