89 convertible window regulator

ken1007

Window motor world has my 89 convertible failed passenger side quarter window and has asked if I know anyone has a motor or at least the black backlight top as shown in the photograph.  They believe it is from Renault but built in Germany.  Has anyone had this bakelite part manufacture?  Ken, Deltaville Va 

Avanti part.jpg

I used Window Motor World in Florida http://windowmotorworld.net/

I had a heck of a time getting the driver side regulator with glass out, lots of little movements to get enough clearance to get it all out. To reinstall i cut a small corner off one of the brackets to make it easier to fit back in that space. I had to remove the glass as they didn't want the glass with the regulator. Right now I could use a bit more adjustment in getting the glass to seal 100% to the door glass but I can manually move the 1/4 glass by hand and it works well. I would use them again as they were fast to fix and return.

• 1 month later...

Hi all.  I just traded a very nice 64 GT Hawk for an 87 convertible.  My passenger side quarter window is shot.  Window motor world sent it back to me and said they can't do anything with it. I am getting mixed messages as to what was originally installed in there.  I made endless phone calls to Avanti folks and no one has been able to help me piece this thing together. If can't get it fixed there may be a 3 window convertible for sale soon!  The previous owner jerry rigged something from various parts.  It has a metal frame with two long slots that the window rollers slide in.  The horizontal piece that grips the glass was pop riveted on a plastic part that glides on a track in the middle and that is pulled up and down by the cables.  If anyone has pictures of what should be in there or any info I would be in there debt forever!  Thanks all.

That is a good last resort.  I have  avoided doing that yet because it is very hard to remove and  I don't If I'd get it back  in correctly!