1987 Avanti vs 1987 Chevrolet diagrams

IndyJimW

The 1987 Avanti wiring diagrams pages 1-22, vacuum diagram and ECM pin-outs diagram use the original 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo diagrams.

Some of the diagrams have been altered, usually grounds, from the original.

The rest of the pages are Avanti Motors.

If you have problems reading the wiring diagrams I can provide the Chevrolet page which is clearer.

Good luck,

Jim Wood

1 hour ago, IndyJimW said:

The 1987 Avanti wiring diagrams pages 1-22, vacuum diagram and ECM pin-outs diagram use the original 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo diagrams.

Some of the diagrams have been altered, usually grounds, from the original.

The rest of the pages are Avanti Motors.

If you have problems reading the wiring diagrams I can provide the Chevrolet page which is clearer.

Good luck,

Jim Wood

Hi Jim,

Do you have similar information regarding a 1981 Avanti II? I have come to a dead end when it comes to Avanti II diagrams.

Thanks

Robert

10 hours ago, 1inxs said:

Hi Jim,

Do you have similar information regarding a 1981 Avanti II? I have come to a dead end when it comes to Avanti II diagrams.

Thanks

Robert

What are you needing?

Most of the wiring diagrams would be the same as in the 63-64 Avanti Service Manual or my 87 Avanti depending on options.

Good luck,

Jim Wood

51 minutes ago, silverstude said:

Have you tried this reference?

https://studebaker-info.org/Avanti/Tech/Electrical/AEC/aec.html

I carried this page for years before realizing who authored them.  The 81 can't be too different

Thanks for the info.👍

Good luck,

Jim Wood

14 hours ago, IndyJimW said:

What are you needing?

Most of the wiring diagrams would be the same as in the 63-64 Avanti Service Manual or my 87 Avanti depending on options.

Good luck,

Jim Wood

Hi Jim,

I am tracing the cruise control, auxiliary lights, power antenna, stereo trunk popper, dash gauges, choke, a/c, transmission and ECM on my 1981 Avanti II.

11 hours ago, silverstude said:

Have you tried this reference?

https://studebaker-info.org/Avanti/Tech/Electrical/AEC/aec.html

I carried this page for years before realizing who authored them.  The 81 can't be too different

I appreciate the reference! This should be helpful for most of what I’ve got going on. I’m just verifying and cleaning up the wiring throughout the car to confirm full and proper function of the car and all of the options.

Thanks again everyone for the help!

Robert