tech: need Paxton Expert

tsterkel

tech: need Paxton Expert

On my '63 R2 Avanti, I have some questions.

1. dip stick. is the fill to the first, second nipple or on the curve?

2. what happens if it is too full?

3. how do I drain?

4. how do I fill?

5. starting at 2500 and peaking at 2900, I get a whine, which disappears over 3200.

Is is important?

6. I understand that the "oil" is any quality ATF. Is synthetic ok? (I am a synthetic fan).

thanks in advance!

terry

Hi, fill the blower to the second dot. Overfilling causes high pressure and will cause leaks.

You can drain it by either:

removing the supercharger and draining or you can leave the supercharger mounted. Then take the supercharger belts off. Take a vacuum line off the intake manifold and insert it in the supercharger dipstick hole. Crank up the car and it will suck out the fluid. This will cause a lot of smoke for a bit, but it's just burning the fluid.

The whine is normal if it is sort of a whisteling sound. It is a resonant frequency that is generated in a particular RPM range. RPM's will differ according to what impeller, pulley, or internal mods you have made.

I use B&M trickshift fluid in my superchargers. That is what I run in my R3 engines and my R2. It is a higher spec oil. I have not tried the synthetic yet. I don't suppose it would hurt.

Nimesh

On my '63 R2 Avanti, I have some questions.

1. dip stick. is the fill to the first, second nipple or on the curve?

2. what happens if it is too full?

3. how do I drain?

4. how do I fill?

5. starting at 2500 and peaking at 2900, I get a whine, which disappears over 3200.

Is is important?

6. I understand that the "oil" is any quality ATF. Is synthetic ok? (I am a synthetic fan).

thanks in advance!

terry