HAZZARD FLASHERS

gadd zooks

:blink: WELL LAST NIGHT I WENT FOR A RIDE, AND I STALLED THE CAR IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC. AS I JUMPED OUT OF THE CAR AND POPPED THE HOOD. I GAVE THE CARB A SHOT OF STARTING FLUID. JUST THEN I HERD BEHIND ME A LOUD SCREECH OF TIRES ON PAYMENT. I INVISIONED A CAR SMASHING INTO MY PRIDE A JOY AND TAKING ME OUT IN THE PROCESS. AS THE CAR PULLED ALONG SIDE ME HE YELD OUT. TURN ON YOUR !@#$%* FLASHERS. WITH OUT A SECOND TO RESPONED I REALIZED THAT MY BELOVED CAR DOESNT HAVE ANY EMERGENCY FLASHERS. DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF A TECH ARTICAL ABOUT HOW TO RETO A EMERGENCY FLASHER SETUP INTO A 63 AVANTI. IT SEEMS SIMPLE TO PUT A FLASHER RELAY IN LINE WITH THE RUNNING LIGHT CIRCUIT. I AM NOT SURE THIS IS THE METHOD TO USE, BUT I CAN SEE THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM FOR THE OLDER CARS, BORN BEFORE STD. EMERGENCY FLASHERS WHERE BUILT IN CARS.

THANKS JOHN.

The Avanti II had emergency flashers. I am replying from work, so I dont have

time to do a "yahoo" search, but give it a shot. It would be the same as any other

older car, I bet the Mustang guys have a tech article.

Tom

I found this for Ramblers .. I bet most is similar - Tom

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/amcalb...s/TechTip4.html

1963-66 Rambler Classic

Marlin and Ambassador

Hazard lights [ 4 way flashers ]

The 1963 thru 1966 Classic Marlin and Ambassador use common wire coding and components for the turn signal and brake circuits. This works to your advantage to install the hazard light [ 4 way flashers ] on to any of these cars.

The BOBKIRK Model 600 was custom wired as a dealer installed option for the 1966 cars, featuring correct colour coding to match the Rambler harnesses. The unit contains a 14amp fuse and three terminal flasher unit. Installation is a simple matter of attaching the mounting bracket under the dash [ you will notice the convenience of many pre-drilled holes, so you do not have to butcher your dash ] and attaching the corresponding coded wires.

Similar non-coded BOBKIRK units without color coding may be utilized, as the unit only feeds a pulse signal into the wires. The color coding of the Rambler wiring harness is as follows:

ORANGE rear left turn signal

WHITE rear right turn signal

YELLOW front left turn signal and left turn indicator

BROWN front right turn signal and right turn indicator

The RED wire on the unit goes to the BAT terminal of your ignition switch. The two remaining wires in the wiring harness are not affected by the modification [bLUE turn signal flasher unit, GREEN stoplight switch].

The flasher modification could also be applied to other earlier Ramblers by decoding the harness for the turn signal wires.