Sealed Carb

mfg

False, there are two on each venturi.....so that's at least 8 ;)

Front venturis (primaries) are not to be sealed...so EIGHT screws is the wrong answer.....but is SEVEN screws the correct answer...Anyone?

I mentioned at least 8, and I'm right. But truthfully there are more There's the 8 I mentioned, also the front and rear center screws (the meduim and long ones), The two accelerator jet screws,

Just look at page 14 in the Avanti Workshop Manual in the fuel section if you wan't further proof.

I mentioned at least 8, and I'm right. But truthfully there are more There's the 8 I mentioned, also the front and rear center screws (the meduim and long ones), The two accelerator jet screws,

Just look at page 14 in the Avanti Workshop Manual in the fuel section if you wan't further proof.

Brad...You were correct by saying 'at least eight', but the answer to the original question would be FALSE, as the question specified 'seven' screws. Correct 'per manual answer to this would be 'twelve'. ( In all honesty, and from personal experience, I believe the number of screws to be sealed would be you're original eight'...but you were (I believe) counting the primary venturi retaining screws..I realize that the factory says 'seal them', and it doesn't hurt to carefully do that,...but in reality, unlike on the secondary side, the primary venturi retaining screws screw into 'blind holes' on these AFB carbs