New Trivia forum

lschuc

To make it easier to find all forum posts, and look through all the Trivia topics in one place, I created a new Trivia Forum in the General Discussion section of our AOAI forum. Hope this helps to categorize the Avanti trivia posts in one place.

I think that's great!....And please, if any of you other AOAI Forum members have any trivia questions to offer, please post them......MFG's brain is starting to shrivel!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • ELECTRONIC IGNITION

i have a 1963 R1 with air

New Battery,rebuilt carb, elctric fuel pump, good spark pluig wires, clean spark plugs.

I am noticing hard start when i leave the car for 2 weeks.

I am requiring a little nip of starter fluid. Then it fires right up and runs just fine.

Do consider pertronix or Dave Thiebault's system which is Mallory with his own distributor. I am still with points and standard distrib

Do I put a fuel pressure gauge on to monitor my pump pressure. What does everybody think? This is not a unique problem for old cars. My other vehicles with fuel pumps and electronic seem to light off right away>>> that is what I want

Sounds to me like the modern day fuel we all use is evaporating from your carb.....My '63 Avanti does the same thing....but I'm not using an electric pump...so some cranking over would be normal to refill the carb. I'm surprised that you're having this empty carb problem with an electric fuel pump, as that should refill carb as soon as you turn key to 'On'. (Ignition)

• 11 months later...

If you have oil pressure shut off (safety measure) in line with the elec. fuel pump gas won't flow until oil pressure is established.

• 2 months later...

If you have oil pressure shut off (safety measure) in line with the elec. fuel pump gas won't flow until oil pressure is established.

That depends on what type switch. If you use a 2 wire switch, you're correct. If you use a Holley 3 wire then the pump works from the time you turn the key.

(http://www.studebaker-info.org/tech/Techimages/holley12810wire.jpg)