Dimensions of Avanti trunk

John J

I am looking into purchasing an Avanti (likely a Blake car from 1983-85) to use as my daily driver. My wife recently had a stroke and needs to use a walker, or if we are walking longer distances, a travel wheel chair. So my vehicle choices in the future must be able to fit a travel wheel chair and/or walker into the trunk.

Can someone measure the width of the trunk opening and also the dimension inside the trunk from front to back and left to right? I have searched online and this information is not posted anywhere, only the cubic feet. If anyone is in the Nashville area I could meet up with you take the measurements myself.

Thanks so much.

John

John Jacob

Franklin, Tennessee

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 2:49 PM, John J said:

I am looking into purchasing an Avanti (likely a Blake car from 1983-85) to use as my daily driver. My wife recently had a stroke and needs to use a walker, or if we are walking longer distances, a travel wheel chair. So my vehicle choices in the future must be able to fit a travel wheel chair and/or walker into the trunk.

Can someone measure the width of the trunk opening and also the dimension inside the trunk from front to back and left to right? I have searched online and this information is not posted anywhere, only the cubic feet. If anyone is in the Nashville area I could meet up with you take the measurements myself.

Thanks so much.

John

John Jacob

Franklin, Tennessee

Just saw this......

The width of the trunk opening on my '83 avanti is 41 inches......the 'depth' of the trunk, front to rear, is 30 inches.

Years ago I bought a '64 Avanti from a paralyzed man.  He had always wanted an Avanti and was able to manage driving it with his foldable wheelchair behind the driver's seat.  After a while, however, he found it to be too difficult and sold the car.  That isn't exactly your situation, but maybe this experience will help you make your decision.

Also, Avantis aren't so easy to get in or out of.

--Dwight

John

Not sure about the wheelchair but here is a walker I used a couple years ago after I had my knee replaced. I’m 6’4”, it’s extended, and it fits easy in my 83. Dwight has a good point, take your wife and see how she does getting in and out. Mike

DEFF549E-83B8-4862-8340-DB17D172CCB1.jpeg

Mfg, Mike and Dwight. What can I say, Wow! Thanks so much for not only the quick responses, but also supplying exactly the level of detail I needed. Wife has no problem getting in and out of lower cars, I just needed to know if a walker or travel wheel chair would fit in the trunk. I don't want to put those in the back seat area because that then eliminates my ability to take others in the car and risks damaging the upholstery.

Mike, many thanks for the picture. That really helps.

All the best to you all.

John