engine belts

arkus

just back from my "i.d.y.s.d". got to a cars and coffee and while backing into a spot, blew one of the power steering hoses. 40 miles from my garage so i cut the two belts running the pump and came back. have napa belts but per napa website they are nla. question is can an american made belt be found? '80 avanti ll, 350. plenty of belts available on the net but no info as to origin.

If you kept the belts just take them to your local FLAPS and they can measure them. Otherwise, take a chunk of rope and wind it around where the belt goes and mark length. Measuring the top of the pulley will get you the width.

If you want to figure it out yourself, do the same thing and go to Gates.com and look over their belt dimensions to find what you need.

Here's a link. https://www.gates.com/us/en/power-transmission/v-belts/automotive-v-belts.html

RQB 3263 81/305.....I RECently had the same problem and believe solved it forever... (1)  power steering hose....mine burned thru on the exhaust manifold....John Mayer supplied me with a new one very reasonable and quick..... but it was a royal PITA to change..... (2) 2 months ago had an alt/ water pump belt failure...actually it wouldnt stay on the pulley and probably incorrect to begin with....so...my local Car Quest/Advanced Auto Parts supplied  a GATES belt,  "power rated"  and Industry Number  4L450K  for $15.00....clearly a commercial duty belt...probably kevlar  similar to what has been on my shop compressor for 40+ years (green color) no indication as to where it mfg on package....keep up the good work....BILL....RQB 3263  Florida

thanks for the info. getting one to fit is not a problem; what i'd like to purchase, if possible, is AMERICAN made. will pursue the gates industrial tip for replacing all the belts. should be a major pita as i'm going to replace all the p.s. hoses while i'm at it. planning on driving this one to nationals at indy next september, (hopefully covid is over by then).