ELECTRIC PRIMER FUEL PUMP FOR R2 AVANTI

studequest

Hi Friends:

What brand of draw through pump with 3/8 Inch fittings, 5-7 PSI , 12 volt to be used in line only as a primer

We used a MR. GASKET  Pump.. With the Pump off AND WHEN YOU ACCELERATE, the pump is restrictive and starves the carbuertor

so you have to keep the fuel pump on.. I just need a primer pump to use when the car sits for a long while.. Thanks

Keith

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, StudeNorm said:

Hi. I don't use a primer pump and have never had a problem. I use non-ethanol gas always, so don't have boiling and evaporation issues. If you can get non-ethanol fuel you may just eliminate the primer pump. 

In this area, and many others, only gasoline with alcohol can be dispensed for on road vehicles.  

On 9/10/2020 at 11:28 PM, studequest said:

Hi Friends:

What brand of draw through pump with 3/8 Inch fittings, 5-7 PSI , 12 volt to be used in line only as a primer

We used a MR. GASKET  Pump.. With the Pump off AND WHEN YOU ACCELERATE, the pump is restrictive and starves the carbuertor

so you have to keep the fuel pump on.. I just need a primer pump to use when the car sits for a long while.. Thanks

Keith

I have the same issue with my '63 R2....Not wanting to add an electric pump, I keep a squirt bottle of gas tucked away in the garage, so if my Avanti sits for several days I'll just give it a squirt of gas down through the vent hole in the carb bonnet....That always gets the car started instantly, and usually keeps it going till the fuel pump delivers more gas to the carb.

Really not much trouble!:)