Wiring Harness

wapanzica

Contact Dan Booth at Nostalgic Motors (248-349-4884).  When Avanti Motors moved from South Bend to Youngstown in the later 1980s Dan bought all of the company's inventory of parts.  If anyone has a NOS wiring harness Dan will.

When I dove into the wiring on my 83 because the engine harness was in need of repair I found out there were really two harnesses. The normal engine harness and a computer harness that was almost completely separate, there were only a couple wires connecting between them IIRC. I mention this only because if you can find an earlier harness that doesn't have the computer portion, you may be able to use parts of the one that is missing if your 84 is much like my 83.

I ripped out the computer portion and replaced the carb and dissy with an aftermarket EFI setup, truth be told.

Brad, Thank You for the info.  I'm calling SI to see what they have .  A83 Thank You for head's up on the IIRC connection.  I would love to go with EFI on this car but it MUST be restored to it's original 84 configuration.  

Last but not least Gunslinger Thank You for the tip to call Mr. Booth.